[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tubes---- (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>

Chris,

You could build a very small TC, much like the HV power supply from an
early tiny 7 inch round screen TV set using the 50L6GT.  If you choose
to run it on rectified DC supply current you could also employ the
35Z5GT rectifier tube.

This would be a better HV RF power source for lighting some sort of a
plasma sphere however than making lightning in air.  You'd likely only
get 1/4-1/3rd of an inch of brush discharge from a needlepoint electrode
from it.  It could make an impressive paperweight however!

Robert W. Stephens