[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 questions on resonance (fwd)

In a message dated 4/17/99 3:06:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  >I appreciate we store energy in the primary cap and release this over a
>  >much shorter time interval, however in terms of power calculations should
>  >we not be averaging this over time to give J/s, and I still can't see how
>  >J/s out can be > J/s in over time.
>  >
>  >mark
>  >

Mark,
     Your thoughts are indeed correct.  The AVERAGE power cannot be
increased.  It is the instantaneous power that is magnified and then followed
by a relatively long period of no power which over time averages to the same
power(not counting the resistance losses etc) as put into the system.