[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More MMC Thoughts

If the small poly caps are manufactured like any other electronic
component, they're given a big safty margin.  I wouldn't be suprised
if the margin was in the 1 to 2 kV range.  When you put nine in
series, thats 9 to 18 kVs of safty margin (thats assuming my original
assumtion is accurate, which it is probaly not)  If anu one has a few
of these to spare, I would suggest sacrificing a few to the gods of
destructive testing :') This,in adition to a construction environment
cleaner than a coilers basement/garage could explain the surviability
of these. 120V house wiring is rated aat 600V, but HV caps may be
different.

Chris, via the inter-thingy

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com