[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 300 Watts to 600 Watts

<< I put the neon in the kitchen over for about an hour to melt the tar.  Then
> I poured out the liquid tar and removed the transformer from the case and
> washed the transformer with gasoline.  The primary coil has 244 turn of wire
> and I removed 41 turns.  The turns ration have now been changed from 83:1 to
> 100:1 which will increase the output from 10K to 12K.  I removed 6 metal
> plates from each shunt and checked each secondary coil one at a time with
> the meter to make sure each coil was producing 25 ma.  Now my 10K 30ma neon
> is putting out 12K 50ma.  <snip

> Gary Weaver >>

I accomplish much the same thing by turning up the input voltage
and/or using some resonant charging without modifying the NST.
Or do you also supply more than 140 volts to the input despite the
modifications?  Sometimes I supply as much as 180 volts to the
input for special tests.  In some of these tests the sparks may have
reached 45" or so from a 12kV, 30ma unmodified NST.  Even using
only 120 volts input, I can get 42" sparks from the NST.

John Freau