[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Factor Caps

Power factor caps also have terrible HF loss characteristics, since they
are designed to operate at power line frequencies. They have fairly high
series impedance, probably because its cheaper to make them that way. The
other possibility from a design standpoint is that for such a device, you
would want a high impedance, so that a short circuit wouldn't have high
peak currents. For PF correction, you almost want the opposite of a pulse
discharge cap.