[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mineral Oil Source

That same oil dealer can probably get you Shell Diala-AX transformer oil for
about
the same price.  Why not use oil designed for superior electrical insulating
properties instead of taking chances?  I got my Diala-AX for $23 per 5 gal
bucket
here in Southern CA.
-------------

> Original Poster: "Adam Parker" <park_e_r-at-hiwaay-dot-net>

>  The other day I was calling different oil dealers in the area. One dealer
told
> me they carried something called 'Texaco White Oil #22'. He said this was
> nothing but a light weight, clear, food grade mineral oil. This stuff runs
$22
> per five gallon bucket.
>
>  Currently the dealer is out of stock, so he is ordering me a bucket. Has
> anyone ever heard of this stuff? Anyway, check your local oil dealer for the
> brand name or ask them if they have an equivelant. Be sure to inquire about
any
> additives. I'll let you know how mine turns out.
>
>    Adam

 Making Arcs in Huntington Beach, CA
--
Ross Overstreet