[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: State finalist in the science fair with a Tesla Coil

Hi John,

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>

>   Malcolm -
>
>   Inside the secondary there would be magnetic fields (Faraday) due to
> current in the windings. There would also be EM fields (Hertz) due to the RF
> frequency. I have never heard of anyone measuring these fields inside the
> coil. How would you measure them when the TC is operating?
>
>   John Couture

Absolutely agree about the fields inside the coil. A sense coil
inside (with appropriate insulation) would be a way of picking these
up for measurement wouldn't it? I'd expect the field strength to
match the current at various places along the coil length.

Malcolm