[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Faraday screen-do these specs sound OK?

I'm building a Faraday screen for my new coil, since it'll be used both
in a theater and a residential area, two places NOT to have stray
high-power RF. I just wanted to make sure that its design is one that
would be effective. How does this sound:

The material of the screen is 1" hexagonal chicken wire, built on a
frame of PVC or wood (I haven't decided yet, probably wood). It forms a
6' wide by 6' deep by 8' tall rectangular prism around the coil's
filter/choke circuit, primary tank, secondary, and toroid. The high
voltage supply could also go inside, if it would be necessary. The
chicken wire would be connected together at the edges, and hooked via a
high-voltage insulated wire (to keep standing waves from arcing to
nearby objects--tell me if this is unnecessary), about 60' long, to a
dedicated ground outside.

--
           --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>