[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ISEF display

Greetings,
    The "skin effect" plays an important roll in my project, but it is not the
project.   Lasers, Ultrasonic generators, and crystal matrixes were also used.
As these devices have  nothing to do with TCs, I didn't mention them earlier.
I'm more familiar with these other components, as I have been working with
lasers since I was in the second grade, and the other components for about six
or seven years.  I've only started working with TCs in the past two or three
years, so I'm still sort of a beginner:)  As far as the skin effect goes, I
thought it would be nice do demonstrate it.  I would take the actual machine,
but it weighs over 1000 Kg, and it's over 3 meters tall.  Also, the out put is
1.8 megavolts at about  .14 amps.  Not something you want to be too close to
<g>.  I have smaller versions of all the other components, but I've had
problems
designing a TC that could be displayed.  The primary problems are: size, it has
to be small; noise, both RF and sound; and lack of a good ground.  Does having
the primary inside the secondary cut down on noise?  I don't think it will, but
I've never built a coil like that.  It would at least cut down on space.  If
anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Jeremy :-)