[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: choke

For making RF related coils, the last thing you want to do is make anything
with multiple layers.  The layers will have capacitance between them.  At
RF frequencies, this capacitance will eliminate the effect of the having an
inductor.  ANY RF SUPPRESSION SHOULD BE SINGLE LAYER ONLY.!!!!!  10mH
sounds like a lot of inductance, but at Tesla frequencies, it would be the
same as if there were no inductor, maybe worse.