[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High-Bandwidth Primary Circuit Behavior (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:52:46 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: High-Bandwidth Primary Circuit Behavior (fwd)

At 12:28 PM 4/30/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
Hi Gary,
        The linear coil I tested definitely has a strong resonance at
1.2MHz.  The test photos I gave probably did not show this effect well in
retrospect.  I have not tested my big flat coil yet for resonance.  If the
self C is much less for a flat (or cone) coil as you suggest it would be a
major find!  The point you and David Hall make about the inductance of the
10K resistors is very well taken.  I have done these test with a variety of
resistors but I never considered this inductance.  I don't think it was a
factor but I need to check this.

BTW the ferrite inductor shown in the paper has no turns on it and is out of
the circuit.  This is a future improvement that has not been wound yet.

        Terry