[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnify Power?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, January 30, 1998 6:52 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Magnify Power?

to: Greg

The magnifier really magnifies the applied potential.  The initial
potential is V which is multiplied by the dynamic Q of the inductor, hence
the name "magnifier".  Also, adding to the confusion in the press, Tesla
many times quoted the horsepower value which he derived from the PEAK
potential and current values, ie, the maximum instataneous horsepower
rating which is nearly useless for actual work computations.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net