[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 28, 1998 9:04 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> John, something appears to be amiss somewhere in
> >the model you're using, or in the set of assumptions used for your
> >model.
> >
> >Safe coilin' to you!
> >
> >-- Bert --

>   Bert -
>
>   I agree the above equation does not change when bangs change. But what is
> your point in bringing in bangs? The above equation does not include joules
> (energy) or watts (power). However, the bangs determine the joules or watts.
>
>        Joules (watt seconds) = .5 Cp Vp Bangs/eff

Whoops!  Did you do your dimensional analysis on this equation???
C times V times 1/sec gives _amperes_, not joules!

Perhaps you meant to say:   Watts (joules/sec) = .5 Cp Vp^2 Bangs/eff,
in which case the _wattage_ does depend on the # of bangs per sec (BPS),
but the joules are independent of BPS, and depend on only C and V.

-GL