[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

magnify power (was Voltage/Length)

----------
From:  Thornton, Russ #CSR2000 [SMTP:ThorntoR-at-rc.pafb.af.mil]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 28, 1998 6:31 AM
To:  'Tesla discussion Group'
Subject:  RE: magnify power (was Voltage/Length)

This is not a good example as a charger or alternator is not directly
replacing the energy to run the starter motor. It maintains the chemical
potential within the cells.  I have read that you would have to drive
200 miles before the alternator could generate the energy needed for a
single start.
Just a clarification.

> Am I missing something?

I don't think so as I agree with the first example. I share your
confusion.