[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

winding your own transformer

----------
From:  Tabbal [SMTP:bigboss-at-inquo-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, January 27, 1998 3:02 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: winding your own transformer

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Tesla List wrote:

> The reason for center-tapping a transformer is simple:  Let's assume you
> have an X-ray tube (or neon sign) that requires 20 kiloVolts to operate
> effectively.  You could build a xmfr and insulate the secondary winding for

Thanks... is the other winding just the other side of the tap? It seems
like you're saying that when there is a tap it creates two windings on the
same transformer. So to accomplish this I would end up with a winding of X
turns with a tap soldered in at X/2 turns?

Interesting idea, makes sense though. Do I have the right of it now?
Thanks for your help. :)

Travis