[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Any hope here? (fwd)

----------
Sent:  Monday, January 26, 1998 2:46 PM
To:  tesla-at-stic-dot-net
Subject:  Re: Any hope here? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:08:23 -0700
From: Richard Staron <rstaron-at-aracnet-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Any hope here?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------
> From:  Michael Baumann [SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
> Sent:  Saturday, January 24, 1998 9:46 AM
> To:  Tesla-2
> Cc:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:  Any hope here?

Michael, looks like you have gone through the same scenario I did.  One
thing that made all the difference was the ablility to raise the
secondary out of the primary.  The bottom of my secondary coil sits
about 3" above the bottom of the primary.  With 15KV-at-30ma / 4" OD X 18"
and the primary the same as yours, I am getting 31" with a static gap.
Without that ability of raising the coil, I was getting about 18-20".
Oh by the way, the toroid is 4" x 18" diam.

Richard.