[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mic trannies

----------
From:  FutureT [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, January 25, 1998 8:49 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: mic trannies

<<> >I obtained 68" sparks using 6kVA...not the most efficient system,
> >but nice performance anyway.

> Wow.  Thats quite a bit for me.  41" maximum was what I got before.
> How did you run the mic trannies?  Were you putting the primaries
> in a series (and also in parrallel) using 220vac or just parrallelling
> them at 110vac?
 ***

>Jeff Corr
> corr-at-mail.enid-dot-com

Jeff,

I used the 240 volt, series-parallel, input arrangement for a little
better efficiency.  The inner grounded trannies were 1500V rated,
the outer ones were 2000V rated.  I used a non-sync rotary in
the set-up.  I have a videotape available that shows the system
in operation.

John Freau