[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FW: ferrite chokes

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, January 24, 1998 4:57 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: ferrite chokes

to: Kevin

You can go to the mountain, or ---- have the mountain come to you.  Just
wrap your toroid with one layer of common plastic electric tape and then
wind  your core with standard house wiring 16 AWG with 600 volt PVC
insulation.  Now insulate this assembly on a post of 4 inch high plastic
rod (we use 1 inch dia delrin rod).  Fasten the toroid to the rod with a
plastic (nylon) bolt and washer.  Fasten the bottom of the delrin rod to
your base with a tapped 3/8-16 NC hole no deeper than 3/8 inch into the
delrin.  This essentially makes a standoff insulator and then it is not
necessary to spend a lot of time and energy trying to insulate the toroid
core from ground.  It's fast, easy, and it works!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: ferrite chokes