[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  Robert W. Stephens [SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, January 22, 1998 8:58 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Voltage/Length (fwd)

John Couture wrote:
 <snip>
>   However, if a voltage divider is connected to the sec terminal, a voltage
> can be obtained. My guess is that a coil with a 60 inch spark at no load
> would give a voltage of about 300 KV with the proper divider. This could
> vary considerably depending on the total impedance of the divider.
>
>   We will all be looking foward for your report of the results of your HV
> capacitive divider column.
>
>   John Couture

John,

Then we seem to agree that this one cannot be nailed down just yet.

I will be pleased to share my experiences with my divider column once
built.  I have the vacuum capacitors (60 units), the large steel tripod base is
built, and the 10 aluminum shield rings have been obtained.  All I need is some
time.  Hopefully by next summer?

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel: 1-519-925-1771   Fax:
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...now in search-and-acquire mode.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~