[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Temperature to melt NST tar (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:48:32 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Temperature to melt NST tar (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

All,

Feedback I've gotten from some of the neon guys is that Franceformers
and Magnetek/Jeffersons seem to run more reliably, and Transco is pretty
poor. Looks (feels?) like there's more iron and copper in the
Franscformer unit than comparably-rated Jeffersons. Transcos seem to run
hotter, fail more often, and at least some of them use aluminum wire
instead of copper to save costs. I've got a 12 KV 60 MA Franceformer
that literally dwarfs a 15 KV 60 MA Transco (made in Hong Kong).
However, if you can get them cheaply (or better yet for free), use 'em!

-- Bert --