[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer Question?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 23:19:30 -0600
From: Zuma <mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Transformer Question??

Until I get a pole tranny I am stuck with the neons that I have.
I have a couple of questions concerning the neons. First, I have afew
neons. I have a 12kv-at-60ma, 15kv-at-30ma, 2/7.5kv-at-30ma, 9kv-at-30ma, and a
15kv-at-30ma with a bad primary. Here is one of my questions, I have a
primary off of an old 15kv-at-30ma neon but the core off of it was about
10 laminates or more than the one I am missing a primary on. I think
the number of turns are pretty close, so what I am asking is can it be
used on my other neon?  I was also wondering if it would be safe to
raise the ma rating on the 12kv-at-60ma to say around 70-80ma( how many
shunts should I remove?) The place that I get my magnet wire rewinds
motors. Do you think he would have the means to wind me a new primary
for my other neon if all else fails?

Thanks ChrisJ