[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oil for caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:59:37 -0600
From: David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: oil for caps (fwd)

I have updated some simulations of dielectric stress and Chip will add them
to his web site under my page. I have to agree that if the poly is thin and
irregular, which it usually is, then the capacitance will change
significantly with different dielectric constants.
Jim Monte's post about balancing the stress wrt breakdown of each dielectric
seem to be an excellent consideration. I cannot believe you can get more
capacitance without lowering the breakdown voltage.
"Captain, I can't change the laws of physics."
Dave Huffman