[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Location (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:44:01 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Cap Location

At 05:38 AM 1/12/98 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

   Terry -

  We will all  be waiting anxiously to hear how your research turns out.

  One note of caution on the rise in destructive voltages. There is a big
difference in whether the voltage wave is a sine wave or a nanosecond pulse
wave. The type of waveform (RMS or Peak or pulse width) should be indicated
for the voltage. The sine wave requires much greater energy than the pulse
type. A gain in sine wave voltage could require a gain in input energy. This
is not true of pulse type waveforms.  However, either waveform can destroy a
transformer or other electrical equipment.

  What is the load on the neon with the 15 KV at 40 volts?

  John Couture