[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Large Variac Help

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, January 11, 1998 3:16 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Large Variac Help

At 11:45 PM 1/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

Try connecting the variac in series with a 100 watt light bulb and see if it
will vary the brightness of the bulb when connected to 120 vac.

3 of my 7 variacs were bad when I got them.  One had a broken wire at the
center tap terminal and when I reconnected the wire it worked.  The 2nd
variac didn't work because the wires were dirty where the brush rotates on
it.  I sanded the wires with 400 grit sand paper and fixed it too.  The 3rd
variac was out of adjustment.  The brush didn't touch the wires.

Gary Weaver