[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: coaxial cap and oil in cap

From: 	Rick Holland[SMTP:rickh-at-ghg-dot-net]
Reply To: 	rickh-at-ghg-dot-net
Sent: 	Sunday, January 11, 1998 12:13 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: coaxial cap and oil in cap

Tesla List wrote:

> From:   Homer Lea[SMTP:HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com]
> Sent:   Saturday, January 10, 1998 8:34 AM
> To:     tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:        Re: coaxial cap and oil in cap
<SNIP>

Yes, I've tried copper plated circuit boards. I etched a 3/4" border
around the edges on both sides to prevent flashover and they worked well
dry on my 7.5Kv neon. The only problem is that the circuit board is
lossy at TC working frequencies and will heat and break down the circuit
board, meaning only short runtimes with time enough for the caps to cool
between. I haven't tried soaking them in oil. If you're strapped for
cash, they'll get you going, but the poly caps are much better from what
I've read on the list (although I've yet to try one).

--

	Rick Holland

	The Answer is 42.