[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: making hv caps

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, January 10, 1998 6:00 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: making hv caps

At 09:41 AM 1/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

snip

>Safe cappin' to you!
>
>-- Bert --

Bert's info is solid as a rock!  You really don't know what is inside an
old HV cap until you bust into it.  Only those units with series connected
cap packs are of much value.  I have made a number of nice caps up from
large value, moderate voltage caps.  For instance  I found a 2 ufd 6,000
volt cap one time which had 10 .2ufd seconds all in parallel.  I just series
the whole mess and wound up with a cap of .02ufd at 60,000 volts!! I still
use it.

Richard Hull, TCBOR