[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEONS IN SERIES?

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, January 08, 1998 11:17 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: NEONS IN SERIES?

to: Zuma

Trying this is really a waste of time.  NST's are designed to provide 12 kV
for a very short period of time and then immediately fall back to 600-800
volts and operate essentially as a current source.  Their insulations will
not support double the potential especially with the fact that they were
not designed to support even their rated potential for more than very short
time periods.  If you need 15 kV best to go to a potential xmfr that is
nearly indestructable in Tesla oscillator duty cycles.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net