[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oil for caps (fwd)

Sent: 	Sunday, January 04, 1998 2:51 PM
To: 	tesla-at-stic-dot-net
Subject: 	Re: oil for caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 08:52:40 -0700
From: huffman <huffman-at-tbcnet-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: oil for caps

What are we doing here creating new physics? The capacitance may increase
with higher dielectric oil but only because of the space being displaced
between the foil and the poly. This may make a higher capacitance but it has
to lower the breakdown voltage by stressing the poly more. You just don't
get something for nothing. I remember seeing the posts about doubling
capacitance, but I don't believe it.
Dave Huffman