[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparklength inquiry

Hi Bart,

> Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>

> Tesla List wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Start with some E going to one resonator. Vo = SQRT(2E/Cs)
> > Now halve E going to that resonator. Output drops by only SQRT(2).
> > Let the other half E go to another resonator. You now has a potential
> > difference between them of 2SQRT(E/Cs) which is SQRT(2) higher than
> > the p.d. developed by the one resonator.
> >
> > Malcolm
>
> Does this mean that each resonator would deliver 0.707 less sparklength
than a
> single coil, but the two coils summed sparklengths would be 1.414 longer
than
> a single coil? hmmm.. cool.
> Bart

You definitely get longer sparks by doing this for the same power
input. Greg is right - it does cheat the square law relationship. In
this respect it something to be exploited. BTW - this explanation
originally came from Bert Hickman when we were discussing the results
I was getting from my mini-twin.

Malcolm