[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RSG's different shape electrodes

to: Bart

The main point here is that running higher pps rates usually place undue
loads on the NST that might lead to their premature death.  200 pps
certainly is not that high, but the new coil builder might go higher to
perhaps 500-600 pps with a variable speed RSG and the NST's won't tolerate
such a heavy duty cycle.  The 120 pps rate gives excellent performance, max
cap current right at the top of each charge cycle, and is generally
foolproof for most new builders.  Also, the slightly longer streamers
around 200-300 pps are less bright than the 120 pps which deliver all the
caps energy at just the right time.  It is a very stable, balanced system,
quite symmetrical, and seems to work very well without a lot of adjustment.
 We have used these synchros on NST powered systems that have been in use
over 15 years and the same NST is still running it.  One should also note
we only use brand new NST's so we don't have a unit half on its way out
before it fails on a system.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net