[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Liquid-cooled spark gap

Use CLEAN water.  Some leakage current can be tolerated.

I made a 1296 MHz amplifier at 1.5 kW by converting an air cooled 2C39 tube
to a water cooled anode at + 2.8 kV DC.  It uses a small water pump and an
auto transmission cooler to provide a cooling loop which is plumbed with
tygon plastic tubing.  About 1 m from the high voltage, the water runs thru
some copper fittings which were safety grounded thru a milliammeter.  When
the leakage current rises to a few mA, its time to change the water,
typically every few weeks.

Will