[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PIG rating plate decoding?

Coilers,
 This has been discussed before so I am just writing this to verify the
information.

 Turns out my pig DOES have a rating plate: 33200 GRDY/19200

 In my case, if I apply 240V to the 120-120 inputs, I get 19200 measured
from the HV bushing to the case (my pig has the 'other' HV lead
internally tied to the case).

 Therefore I can verify this transformer was likely part of a 3-phase
Y-distribution system, since 19200 = (approx) 33200/sqrt(3).  Or,
alternately, the line to neutral voltage was 19200 and the line to line
voltage was 33200.

 Perhaps knowing what this "33200 GRDY/19200" format actually means will
help some other coiler looking for an appropriate pig.

 If anyone else knows how to decode any other popular rating plate
formats, I think that'd be useful information to post to the lists!

-Bill