[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Finding the illusive NST

Hi everyone,

It may be a common experience, but I am having an enormous amount of
diffculty finding a neon sign transformer.  I live in California, and
for some reason, that sort of thing is just incredibly hard to come by
here.  I have tried searching the internet, and maybe I'm just not
looking in the right places, but I haven't had any luck finding a
transformer at a reasonable price.
I have also searched through the telephone book for any listings I could
find for neon lighting repair shops.  Not surprisingly, that has turned
up absolutely nothing!  It seems as though neon lighting just isn't a
prevelent thing here.  (Maybe I should try looking in Las Vegas!)  The
only place I found which may carry an NST wanted $180 for it!  I was
hoping I might be able to find a used or surplus transformer at a cheap
price.  What am I to do?
     Can anyone help me locate an NST, or perhaps have a used one they
would be willing to part with at a reasonable price?
Thanks!

Chris T.