[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sweet spots

<<
> I think R. Hull is correct in equating 'sweet spots' in BPS
> with unfiltered DC. The filter cap. in my system is 80 times
> larger than the primary pulse caps; and I see no soft spots
> or sweet spots as the BPS is increased.

> It is quite linear - more power makes longer sparks - at low
> BPS lots of short sparks at once, and at high enough BPS
> only one spark, which can be varied in length with power, from
> a few inches to several feet.

Larry,

This is very interesting work you're doing with the H drive.  Do you
plan to try doubling the tank capacitor size, to see what effect it has on
the overall performance.  Tank losses will be higher, but I think the
spark will coalesce at a much lower break-rate, and may have other
interesting effects.

John Freau

> When the BPS exceed the capacity of the supply, the spark
> becomes shorter again and a little brighter.

> I'm about to add another 2 kW to my supply here shortly - we'll
> see if this theory holds.

It will be interesting to see how high of a break rate is useable, and
if the growth linearity changes at a higher break-rate.  Yes, hard to
judge if the voltage sags at some higher break-rate.      JF