[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DC Supplies & Protection

Further to recent posts, I am researching a 3-phase full-wave  DC supply
using NSTs and an async-RSG.

Leaving the rectification bit for a moment, what about protection ?

Have followed Malcolm/Terry's work and use only an RC filter for my current
NST supply and this appears to work very well  (read my 2 NSTs are alive
and well and the safety gap virtually never fires).

Now DC is going to be a little different.  We wont have to worry about
harmonics induced from the primary resonant circuit ....... or will we ???

Will chokes have a real place here (I strongly suspect to protect the
semi-conductors of the bridge) ??

If so, specifically what size choke (#turns)?

What else & where would you put it ?

Comments welcomed ....... especially from those using DC supplies ;-)

Thanks,

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis