[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does it work at all

> Original Poster: RWB355-at-aol-dot-com

> After reading the tens of posts on toroid size, BKS, Energy, output voltage,
> spark size, etc. I am beginning to wonder why our coils work at all. How
many
> of us out there really fully understand a TC from a to z? I know I donīt.

TC's became weird to me again after I witnessed
Lou Balint's excellent demonstration of magnifier
tuning techniques and node placement.  He had a
rather clever array of neon bulbs arranged so the
observer could see the field intensities in real
time, while the drive frequency was altered.
It was really cool to see an _actual node_ ride
up and down the side of the coil as the tuning
was varied, or as a hand was brought near the top!
Awesome educational tool, Lou!!
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org