[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid sizes

Further to the list discussion on the effects of top-load, I finally
finished-off my new aluminium toroid.  (24 x 8" versus old 6 x 18")

This was the only change to the coil.  Photos can be seen at:

	http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis/photos.htm

The effect has been about a 6-10" increase in spark length.  Now have 50"
to earthed ball and for the first-time get multiple strikes to the safety
rail (previously not a problem, even though the former toroid was narrower
...... seems odd)

There has been one other minor problem ....... I have been evicted from the
patio out onto the back lawn ......... sob, whimper ........ <large grin>

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis