[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer build up

Reinhard,
     I just got a couple of interesting transformers that I removed from an X-
Ray instrument power supply.  I cannot say whether these will be of use or
not.  I e-mailed them for information about the trannies, but don't expect a
reply before this evening at the earliest.  This power supply was rated at
60kV and 80ma output.  I also believe that these particular trannies operate
at 20kHz, but I am waiting for confirmation of that.  The cores are not
laminated, but rather look like ferrite material.  There were two of the
trannies in this supply that appeared to be connected so the outputs were in
series to obtain the 60kV.
     I am not suggesting that these particular trannies are useful for TC
work, but the company,  might be able to inform you as to where good HV
trannies might be obtained.  I found their website by searching for:  Rich
Seifert (I forgot the exact company name).   There are branches in several
locations in the world, including a manufacturing facility in Germany.
     Don't know if this will help, but thought I'd mention it.
Mike Hollingsworth.