[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can anyone help ?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders
> Bert said:
>
>                                                             "At 20-25
> Joules/bang with a 0.16 uF cap, the rest of the system will need to be
>
> quite robust to safely make use of this energy. If this is your first
>    coil, you might want to consider reducing the tank cap size a bit.
>
>                                                           -- Bert --"
>
>  Bert, this is my third coil to date. My secondary is 84" tall and 24"
>   wide, using Alkatel 200C #10 square Magwire. My primary will consist
>  of 1" or 2" copper (or other) house pipe. do you think this is robust
>                                        enough for 25 joules per bang?
>
>                                                               cabbott

Cabbott,

Good! You'll need the previous experience. The secondary and proposed
primary should be OK - soft, 3/4" - 1" refrigeration tubing should be
quite adequate. You will need to beef up the rotary to use tungsten
electrodes (3/8" - 1/2") to keep spark erosion to a mangeable level at
these power levels. What are you planning to use for the tank cap and
the top terminal?

-- Bert --