[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone

In a message dated 9/16/98 9:50:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> 	HI All,
>  	I have been tuning my coil and adjusting it a lot this week, and have
>  noticed that I am getting headaches which last about 8 hours. I am pretty
>  sure they are being caused by ozone build up as I don't have much
>  ventilation yet. I am planning to put in a extractor fan sometime, but
>  until then I was going to use a face mask. does anyone know what sort of
>  filter i should use?, also will I get toxic fumes from the outlet of the
>  vacuum cleaner i am using on my gap?

A plain face mask will do nothing. You would have to use a real gas mask to
protect your lungs and eyes from the ozone. The only good solution is better
ventilation and yes, you get toxic fumes from the gap.

jim heagy