[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: bob golding <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
>
>         HI All,
>         I have been tuning my coil and adjusting it a lot this week, and
have
> noticed that I am getting headaches which last about 8 hours. I am pretty
> sure they are being caused by ozone build up as I don't have much
> ventilation yet. I am planning to put in a extractor fan sometime, but
> until then I was going to use a face mask. does anyone know what sort of
> filter i should use?, also will I get toxic fumes from the outlet of the
> vacuum cleaner i am using on my gap?
>
> Thanks for all the help so far,
>
> bob golding>

A standard spray painting mask with activated charcoal should absorb
ozone, but just check the list of what the cartridges filter out. There
are about half a dozen kinds, and each one says what it is designed for.
The little white paper ones are "nuisance dust masks" and worthless from
a safety standpoint, they are just to keep the big sawdust out of your
moustanche, really.

I'd say a better approach is ventilate your room better with a window
fan or just an ordinary houshold "box fan". Now that winter is
approaching, I'll bet they're on sale cheap.  Even if you wear a mask to
filter the ozone, it is still in the air and it's going to give you that
real "los angeles smog" burning eyes symptom as well as causing rubber
things to fall apart remarkably quick.  OTOH, you won't have to worry
about excessive microorganism counts.

And yes, the output of the vacuum cleaner sucking air through your gap
will have copious ozone (not only from your gap, but from the brushes in
the motor).