[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Tesla Coil toroid Size

FWIW, my first coil had very similar behavior.  Increasing top capacitance
DOES reduce Vtop,
that is why we use top-hat capacitance in antennas where the physical size
is much smaller
than the wavelength.  Tesla coil wavelengths are typically several km, where
the physical size
is on the order of meters.

However, improving EFFICIENCY is typically a mitigating factor.  In your and
my case efficiency
is very low anyway, so we do not realize the performance gain most other
folks would.

I think this is the correct explanation, however, I will defer to the more
experienced coilers.