[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: win tesla vs. JHCTES

  John Couture:
"The estimated operating frequency is about 200 KHZ which is based on your
estimated 10.7 pf for the toroid. This toroid capacitance can only be an
estimate at the design stage. I show how to find the true toroid
capacitance when it is on the coil in one of my books."

--thanks John, but for some reason my 10 pF toroid just diminishes the output
completely--(down to 2").  otherwise, I get about 15" from my secondary..with
10-12" air streamers..
now my question to you all is this:

are 15" sparks impressive for a 60 mA tesla coil? I know there are alot of
things i could work on to make this coil better, including a RQ gap possibly
(right now i am using a single static gap)....   Does anyone know the record
spark length for 60 mA???