[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMP =- PULSED PHONE DESTRUCTION!

>There is something of a difference between that and a TC in that the
>TC incorporates some highly selective tuned circuits. I did more-or-
>less the same thing with a Marx bank once. Although there is some
>splatter from the TC discharges and gap discharge, the tuned circuits
>seem to save the day to some extent by concentrating energy into a
>narrow band or two. I also suspect in my case that a lot of EMP went
>to the destroyed equipment via the power supply and mains wiring.
>Both of the isolation capacitors in the supply were shorted.
>
>Malcolm

 Thanks for shining some light on that. I also had a similar experience,
in which I attempted to charge a large (50uF or so, if I remember well)
capacitor using two bare mains wires. I touched the wires on the
capacitor’s terminals and it charged. Than I touched them again, and it
discharged trough the mains (I think, because it made such a bang). The
TV upstairs went on and the CD player died. Now I use line filters in my
garage… Also stopped the SEVERE interference my double ignition coil
circuit was cousing to the TV. Image was lost when I turned it on. I
could also see lights dimming and betting brighter when it sparked… I
guess TCS also do that… Am I right?

 Sam.