[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: You use a utility transformer?!

Ed, all,

I have been told that 10mA is enough to cause severe pain and also cause
you to grab onto the peice and not let go, and 100mA is considered
leathal, so there is a 'chance' that you could walk away from a NST
after touching it(but please dont try to prove this), but you are outta
luck if you touch (or get to close to) a distribution transformer (or
any transformer like this that isnt current limited?), yup, toast. Now
capactors, they dont just have the ability to potentialy kill you, they
can actually explode things that touch their terminals...I think Bill
the Arcstarter did something like simulating the effect of getting
shocked with a hotdog. I think it made a big mess? I dont meen to scare
anyone here, I am sure most of us all know this...and if you dont then
you better do some research on this before you fire up anything that
using voltages ratings with four digits or more.

Tristan Stewart