[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: has anyone touched a PIG

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>
>
>  Has anyone related to tesla coils ever been zapped by thier pig?  I'm just
> curious if anyone has any stories or knows anyone that has ever got "the 15
> kv 1
> amp buzz"

    Yes, I have personal shorted myself across a pig. It was a few months ago
(around 6 I think) I was working alone (stupid I know) with my 11Kv 16KVA pole
pig. The ballast was set to allow it to operate at full power, heating
elements
totalling 32Kw, so the tranny could produce 1/2 volts at 2x cureent (around 3
amps) into a matched load.
    I went to adjust the safety gap, and touched both terminals at once, I was
thrown about 6-10 foot across the room, and knocked unconcious for something
like 1/2 hour, my heart was a-rhythmic for over a day.
    I do have an abnormally high tolerance to electric shocks, I find mains
shocks an irritation rather than a danger, if it wasn't for that then I'm sure
I would have been killed.

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                             *     coroner....     *