[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Battery Caps?

Hi to all,

I was just wondering. Has anyone ever tried using an old lead-acid battery as
a cap.
If you clean out the sulfuric acid and neutrilize the acid remains with good
old ARM`NīHAMMER and if the plates arenīt sulfated to0 bad (using a new batt
before itīs filled would be a help). These batts are usually vented and even
the "no service needed" (which ainīt true either) should have accessable cell
openings. If you fill this cap-batt with xfomer oil, it should make a nice
cap. You could stick the vent tube in a puke tank (drag race jargon), so it
wouldnīt mess up the floor should the "cap" have to burp from electro-
indigestion. Maybe you could use big motorcycle batts, too. I think Iīm gonna
investigate this.

Comments anyone?

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard