[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: has anyone touched a PIG

  Has anyone related to tesla coils ever been zapped by thier pig?  I'm just
 curious if anyone has any stories or knows anyone that has ever got "the 15
 kv 1 amp buzz" also, if i regulate my 15 kva pig to something like 60 mA,
isn't it the
 same as a neon?  will biggies like that even go that low (and overcome
losses)?

 Hi Cabbott,

I donīt think you would survive this. The bottom line has been made pretty
clear in the Tesla List. BE AND STAY CAREFULL around high voltage, because the
odds are against you. If you make a mistake it WILL BE YOUR LAST.

 ALWAYS DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK TO SEE YOUR POWER CORD IS REMOVED.

I remember one incedent very vivadly. I got connected to the 220 volt 50 Hz
mains. I couldnīt let go of the cord. Luck for me I only had one hand
connected and I let myself fall backwards, ripping the power cord out of the
wall socket. Believe me I was really shaken up and it was painfull.  I was
lucky. I donīt want to try this again. A lot of Teslaphiles suggest keep the
power cord in your pocket. A very good idea !!

Remember to also short your caps BEFORE working on a TC. Anything above  50-75
Joules is DEFINATELY DEADLY. A 10uF cap with 15-20kV WILL FRY YOU. I personaly
never noticed a charge on a cap after switching off the power, but I would
(will) never take it for granted.

TC are dangerous to play with, just like handguns. USE COMMEN SENSE !!

Coiler greets from germany.
Reinhard