[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

<< snip>These imperfections will probably
> never allow a singular
> channel to develope. However, if the same toroid with
> the same imperfections was
> larger, the capacity would increase. Would I get the
> same effect? I don't know and
> never will as it is impossible to build to identical
> imperfections 1:1. >> snip
> Bart

Bart,

I think if you increased the toroid size (and somehow kept the
identical imperfections), you could get just one streamer to form,
but only if the imperfections are relatively small, so they don't
dominate the situation.  My toroids have a lot of imperfections,
but the number of streamers always depends on toroid size
relative to power input in my coils.

John Freau