[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Gas Properties and Gap Cooling

OK John, by your request:
Big Tube CW Coil initial specification.
Plate Transformer:  6KV -at- 300ma
Rectification: Full Wave Bridge with four 35KV stacks ,10 henery inductance
choke
and 2mfd filter cap -at- 18KV
Circuit Protection: 20KV 12 mmfd vacuum caps, rf chokes, safety gaps.
Oscillator: Likely plate tuned Armstrong...now experimenting with different
grid feedback.
Tube: One large ceramic used eimac # 8239/3cx3000f1, plate dissipation 3000
watts
Secondary Form: 8" by 32" Lucite cylinder with .125" wall.
Primary: not as yet determined
Frequency: not as yet determined
I want to keep the frequency reasonably low and am using modeling to
check various resonance combinations. I believe I can use a smaller tank cap
than you sparkers with the CW operation and my power supply...but still in the
design stage.

"Old Faithful" my empirical test coil uses three 811A in parallel at 1.2KV
-at-500 ma.
All suggestions are welcome. I have been discussing issues with list
members on
an individual basis. When I get something significant done (probably winter )
I'll let ya know.
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506